Removal of live animals from the beach (sea turtles, sand dollars, conchs, starfish, fiddler crabs, etc.) is prohibited.
To Cure Sand Dollars
- Place sand dollars in a dish or pan
- Pour hydrogen peroxide (or mild bleach and water solution) over dollars, covering completely - remove after immersion, and ...
- Dry in sunlight (turning dollars over after first hour)
- Rinse with tap water
To Preserve Sand Dollars
- Prepare a small quantity of equal parts Elmer's glue (PVA) and water
- Place sand dollars on wax paper ( or our competition's advertisement) rounded side up
- Paint glue solution on rounded side & allow to dry
- Flip dollars and paint flat side(s)